[OpenLayers-Users] google.html with IE

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Tue Nov 21 15:17:26 EST 2006

Hello Eric,

The response for the first link is this:

 The requested URL /dev/examples/google.html was not found on this server.

The second link shows the example page. With FF the layers will drawn
correct. But in IE6 i don't see the Google Map, because the freemap layer
isn't transparent. When you look at the source, you can see, that the
imageformat parameter for the wms layer is not 'image/png'. It doesn't
disturb FF. I have saved the page locally and changed this parameter and
then in IE the tiles will be transparent. But only to show mostly the red
borders of the countries above pink background. Some tiles are correct, red
border on Google Map, others red borders on pink background. Is this a bug
with IE? I'm also not able to use opacity in IE.

Some questions and suggestions to the example:

1. Why can't Openlayers show Google Maps in the highest zoomlevel, which
Google Maps shows self in the Internet?

2. Why are WMS layers disabled at a certain zoomlevel (2 under maxzoomlevel
(18) of the Google layer), in spite of 'numZoomLevels':20?

3. The deleting of a displayed marker isn't possibly, when you twice clicked
on add marker.

4. I have seen, that in Openlayers 2.2 exists a variable
OpenLayers.VERSION_NUMBER="$Revision: 1865 $". Is there something, what
shows the Version of Openlayers i.e "2.2-rc1", because "$Revision: 1865 $"
isn't straight clear?

5. The layer "OpenLayers WMS" are tho times declared and add to the map.

I hope the above helps.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen

Arnd Wippermann
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/ibbOLClient/OpenLayersClient.html