[OpenLayers-Users] [Users] Help on WFS Example Urgently Required

Erik Uzureau euzuro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 09:49:49 EDT 2006

>From a previous post by chris schmidt:

Due to security restrictions in Javascript, it is not possible to
retrieve information from remote domains via XMLHttpRequest. The way to
work around this is to set up a local script which can 'proxy'
information from the remote host. An example script to do this is
available from the examples directory as proxy.cgi:

http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/examples/proxy.cgi

To use WFS results from a remote host on your machine, you must install
a proxy script somewhere web accessible from the domain you plan to use
to host your page. You must then edit ProxyHost to match that URL: an
example URL for most Apache configurations might be:

OpenLayers.ProxyHost="/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";

If the ProxyHost is not set, requests are sent directly. In most cases,
the result will be a security exception.

If you are still having problems with this, please send a link to an
example page on the web where the WFS example fails.