[OpenLayers-Users] Tiles not loading? Check your port.

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 20 23:06:48 EDT 2006

One of the changes in OpenLayers 2.2 is to add an additional check once
a tile is loaded to confirm that a tile is displaying the correct URL.

Unfortunately, due to the way that Firefox adjusts URLs of requests,
this isn't perfect. If the image you are loading includes a port
specification of 80, Firefox will strip that port specification from the
resulting URL, so:

  img.src = "http://example.com:80/img.png"

will result in the img.src being set to "http://example.com/img.png".
Since this only affects Firefox (as far as I know), I don't know what to
do about it, other than advise people to not request tiles with port 80
in them for the time being.

Thanks to Tim Schaub for pointing this out.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta