[OpenLayers-Users] Selecting LineString features at any point on the line?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Apr 5 14:48:24 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 02:25:58PM -0400, Schuyler Erle wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 09:14 +0100, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> > Oops - my mistake; I've found that you can select LineStrings at any point,
> > but you have to be *spot on* the centre so there's a good chance it won't
> > happen. Time to make mine a bit wider I think :-)
>
> That's a relief. The original vector branch included code for fuzzier
> click selection of features; maybe we should file a ticket to
> incorporate that code into 2.5?

I think a better solution might be to have the feature select control,
when activated, draw points on the corners of all features, then to
allow clicking on those points (which are obviously larger than thin
lines) to select the feature.

The atPoint code is sitll in the codebase, just not used by anything, as
I understand it.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta