[OpenLayers-Users] Is drawing lines (canvas.drawLine) in Internet Explorer possible?

Pfirter Lukas lp at rpag.ch
Wed Apr 11 05:06:48 EDT 2007

Hello List,
I've tested the OpenLayers Canvas example and it worked fine with
Firefox, at least with the google map selected (not with the wms, but I
only need the Google one anyways):
http://map.webser125.lookass.ch/openlayers/examples/canvas.html
After a few tests, I developed a tool to draw a route on the google map
using this canvas thing and markers:
http://dev.webser125.lookass.ch/OpenLayers_Google_db/click_lines.php
I saw that it does not work with IE, so I checked the original canvas
implementation from the OpenLayers examples: I found out that this one
doesn't work with IE aswell.
Is there any way to make drawing lines compatible with IE?
Another question:
Is it possible to get the distance between markers in km? Haven't seen
that anywhere.
Thank you!