[OpenLayers-Users] panning and zooming with MouseToolbar not working as expected.

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 13:10:05 EDT 2007

Hi, it seems when I add the MouseToolbar control to my map, which I
desperately need, the panning and zooming don't really work.

When I use the zoom selection box, the map is still panned when I hold down
the mouse to create the zoom box.  My #1 question is to fix this.  The map
definitely needs to not pan when the zoombox tool is selected.

Also, less important but still noticeable, when panning before adding the
MouseToolbar, the cursor stays in the same relative location on the map (i.e.
if my mouse is at New York when i start panning, the map moves under the
mouse so that the mouse remains at New York while panning).  After adding
the Toolbar, the mouse seems to remain more torward the center of the map
while panning.

My testing environment is at http://niceguy.wustl.edu/openlayers/

The code is quite long, so if you look at it, load() and preloadmaps() are
the relative important parts to this discussion.

Any other questions, I will respond ASAP.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
-Ed