[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with svn head

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Apr 17 10:46:35 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I have two problems with last nights svn. Both these problems have been
around for a while, but I'm just now getting around to documenting them.

I am running FF 2.0.0.3 on WindowsNT and can probably reproduce these
issues on WinXP also. I'm running ./build.py full

1) Memory Leaks

a) launch FF with Google as home page - 38M
b) goto http://data.dev.where2getit.com/~swoodbridge/ol/bi.html - 50M
    - I also get one error on this page. "row[i] has no properties"
c) open layerswitcher and select one extra layer - 50M
d) Zoom + 57M
e) Zoom + 68M
f) Pan map from UL to LR 75M
g) Zoom _ and a couple more pans 91M
the growth continues with interactions until I have to kill FF to
recover memory!!!

2) map attached to cursor and requires an additional click to drop -
this is VERY annoying. Often when I pan the map does not drop from the
cursor and requires another click. Events are confused at this point for
example, I have an untiled overlay and it is not refreshed to the
current extents. The redraw event fires when the drag stops when you
would expect it to, but the mouse does not detach from the drag until
you provide a second click.

-Steve