[OpenLayers-Users] Set Bbox of WMS request

Ed Fialkowski edfialk at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 12:10:29 EDT 2007

Hello all, I was wondering if it's possible to set the Bbox for a WMS layer
that is being pulled into OpenLayers.
Someone suggested maxExtent at one point to me, but it seems this is merely
the area that the map can be dragged around in.  The WMS image coming back
and displaying on openlayers is much, much larger than the area I set for
maxExtent.

This is pretty critical for me.  I'm working on figuring out whatever
current method is used for setting the Bbox in a WMS request and maybe I can
'reverse-calculate' this so i can get the area I wish, but I was wondering
if anyone has come across this or knows of any way I can specifically set
the Bbox supplied in the WMS request.

Thanks in advance!
-Ed