[OpenLayers-Users] Changes themes breaks stuff

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Apr 20 15:32:24 EDT 2007

On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 09:37:40AM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> >On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 12:03:02AM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> >>
> >>So one more question then its time for sleep, Is it possible to
> >>tell OL to use an alternate theme? How?
> >
> >Pass a 'theme' option to the map, with the web-location of a
> >replacement stylesheet. The default OL stylesheet is in
> >theme/default/style.css, for which properties you can change. (It's
> >significantly fewer than I would like.)
> >
> >Regards,
>
> Christopher,
>
> I tried to change the theme and I got some breakage. I created a new
> directory map-styles/ (see listing below) can copied the OL/theme and
> OL/img trees into it, the edited the style.css and included the theme in
> my map initialization.

You're probably doing too much. Theme support is one of the things we'd
love to increase the support for, but it looks like most of the changes
you're interested in simply need to be done through the code, not
through the theming.

Patches to improve this are, of course, welcome, and will be integrated
into future releases.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta