[OpenLayers-Users] Reloading broken tiles?

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Mon Jul 9 10:24:02 EDT 2007

On 7/8/07, Gregor Mosheh <gregor at hostgis.com> wrote:
> Christopher Schmidt wrote:
> > OpenLayers only sets the 'src' attribute of an image tag -- nothing
> > more. When images don't load, they don't load because the browser
> > decided not to load them -- I have no idea why this happens. The
> > IMAGE_RELOAD_ATTEMPTS is the only way I know of to fix this, and I have
> > no idea why this wouldn't work.
>
> Yeah; even Google Maps does this now and then. No sweat, but I do have
> some other applications for such functionality.
>
> Does there exist a method that orders OpenLayers to refresh the current
> map view, re-download all tiles for the current viewport, or for a
> specific layer?

If you are using trunk, there is now a function "redraw()" on Layer
that should work to redraw layers, but there is not a map.redraw().
What you would do is call map.setCenter() and passing "true" for the
"zoomChanged" flag.

If people think a map.redraw() function would be helpful, please let
me know and I can add that.