[OpenLayers-Users] wms untiled 'busy loading' message or image

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Tue Jul 10 12:23:29 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Benoit Myard <myardbenoit at gmail.com> wrote:
> That's a good news. I'm affraid I never tried the code I posted
> earlier with Tiled layers.
>
> On 10/07/07, Erik Uzureau <erik.uzureau at metacarta.com> wrote:
> > > Once in (cross fingers), all layers derived of Grid.js will correctly
> > > fire "loadstart", "loadend" and "tileloaded" events. Similar to your
> > > implementation below, there will be a new property on the grid layer
> > > called numLoadingTiles, which can be used to implement a progress bar.
>
> On the other hand, this wouldn't solve the problem for
> OpenLayers.Layer.WMS.Untiled which inherits
> OpenLayers.Layer.HTTPRequest but not OpenLayers.Layer.Grid. Do you
> have any plans for layers that don't inherit OpenLayers.Layer.Grid ?

:-) So the good news is that the essential part of the patch that I'm
working on is to bring the Gridded and Untiled layers back together.

Instead of declaring your layer as OpenLayers.WMS.Untiled, you will
simply declare it OpenLayers.WMS and pass it an option { singleTile:
true }

Thus, both of those will be supported.
:-)

Erik