[OpenLayers-Users] Select markers at the same location

David_Als dalsinao at yahoo.es
Thu Jul 12 09:23:57 EDT 2007

Hello users,

I am using OpenLayers.Layer.Markers to add layers of markers to a map.
Then I want to be able to select a specific marker clicking on it, so I've
registered the click event for OpenLayers.Marker; then, when the event is
raised I can react on the selection of that specific marker and present for
instance information about the selected marker to the user.

The problem comes when I have markers at the exact same location; then, no
matter how much I zoom in, they all appear as one single icon and so I can
only select the one on top.

I have been thinking in offering for instance the possibility of
right-clicking on a marker and getting a list of markers at the same
location, if any, but that seems to me a bit tedious thing to do,
since I would have to search the location of all the markers on all the
layers and compare them to find which ones are at that (or very close to
that) location.

So my question is, is there an easy way of selecting any of the markers
located at a same location? Do you have any suggestion of making markers at
the same location easily "selectable"?

Thanks in advance for your help and regards,
David