[OpenLayers-Users] FOSS4G Presentations announced

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Mon Jul 16 01:30:28 EDT 2007

FOSS4G presentations were announced -- looks like OpenLayers bagged the
number 3 spot in ranking. This is hugely impressive, and it's the work
of this community that has generated this result.

See the full list at:

http://www.foss4g2007.org/presentations/html.php

For those of you who don't know what FOSS4G is:

"The annual Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial (FOSS4G)
conference brings together the people who create, use, and support open
spatial software. No other event brings together members of the open
source development, open data creation, and open standards promotion
communities like FOSS4G."

Early bird rates run until July 27, and there's going to be a lot of
people  close to the OpenLayers project speaking there -- everyone from
Tim Schaub (OpenLayers), Schuyler Erle (TileCache, Public Geodata
Repository),  Pierre Giraud (Cartoweb4), David Bitner (Automating
Reports using PHP, MapServer, etc.) Sean Gillies (Pleiades), to myself
(FeatureServer) and Howard Butler and I (Getting Help with Open Source).

It's going to be the place to be.

If you're an OL hacker, you should definitely be planning on staying
through the code sprint (http://www.foss4g2007.org/code_sprint/) -- it's
gonna be a blast.

Both Erik and I will be there representing MetaCarta, and I look forward
to meeting so many of you who I've worked with online but not in person.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta