[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with GML coordinates?

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Mon Jul 16 18:16:32 EDT 2007

I think that's the problem.  It's assuming that if it uses
gml:coordinates, it's GML2, and if it's using gml:pos or gml:posList,
it's GML3, and that if it's GML2, it only has two dimensions.

Now I'm not sure whether ogr is incorrect in using three dimensions in a
gml:coordinates element, or whether the GML format class is incorrect in
assuming that the lack of gml:pos or gml:posList indicates two
dimensions.  But if it's a bug in OGR, it's going to be a widespread
one.

> Can you
> put up a full GML file generated by ogr2ogr in this way so that it can
> be examined by developers who might be able to improve the parser to
> handle this case?

I'm using the ogr2ogr bundled in MS4W version 2.0 - which seems to be
gdal/ogr version 1.3.2.

My commandline:

: ogr2ogr -f "GML" -s_srs EPSG:4326 -t_srs EPSG:102004 testoutput.gml
testinput.gml

I've attached the input and output files, and copied the email to you
since I'm not sure the list will accept the attachments.