[OpenLayers-Users] WMS in OpenLayers: Objects get Cut

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jul 19 09:07:12 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 11:05:35AM +0200, Pfirter Lukas wrote:
> Hi Benoit, thanks for your quick answer!
> Unfortunately, putting the WMS layer above the Google-Layers in the code (http://map.webser125.lookass.ch/openlayers/ex_rpag_google_test.php) doesn't change anything, WMS still hides partially.
> I've seen that I just have to move the map a slightly little bit after changing the zoom to make everything visible like should be... Isn't there like a function that will move the map 1 px everytime you change zoom? Or another workaround for this? Is it a bug actually?

There is definitely a bug here. The problem is that the bounding box
requested for the tile is not actually in the right place -- it's off by
about .02 degrees, it looks like, which is a fair distance.

Could you try upgrading to the latest svn code --

  svn co http://svn.openlayers.org/trunk/openlayers/

will get the code for you -- and see if it still happens? It looks like
you're currently running against 2.4-RC2, and although I'm not really
hopeful that this change will fix the problem, I'm hopeful that it will
at least elmiinate that as part of it.

Another question -- did you see this with tiled layers as well? I think
the answer is yes, but I can't remember.

Thanks in advance for trying to help us dig into it.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta