[OpenLayers-Users] WMS in OpenLayers: Objects get Cut

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Jul 19 09:12:43 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jul 18, 2007 at 11:05:35AM +0200, Pfirter Lukas wrote:
> Hi Benoit, thanks for your quick answer!
> Unfortunately, putting the WMS layer above the Google-Layers in the code (http://map.webser125.lookass.ch/openlayers/ex_rpag_google_test.php) doesn't change anything, WMS still hides partially.
> I've seen that I just have to move the map a slightly little bit after changing the zoom to make everything visible like should be... Isn't there like a function that will move the map 1 px everytime you change zoom? Or another workaround for this? Is it a bug actually?

(Looks like I mistakenly sent to user instead of to list  -- )

The problem here appears to be that the bounding box for the tile is off
in both directions by a significant amount, which results in the tile
not having the correct data.

Could you try updating the code to run against SVN head -- you can point
to http://openlayers.org/dev/lib/OpenLayers.js temporarily to do so --
and see if the behavior changes at all? Also, just to confirm -- this
problem happens with WMS Tiled layers too, correct?

I just want to make sure that this isn't a problem with OL-2.4 RC2. I
doubt it, but you never know.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta