[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeatureInfo requests never get answers

Marc Desharnais marc.desharnais at ec.gc.ca
Thu Jul 19 11:48:05 EDT 2007

Hi Christopher,

Like you said, it turned out that the problem was a security issue.
To those who don't know (like me), you can't access a host with your
browser and make query on another. The point I was missing was that the
same machine with 2 different ports are considered to be 2 different
hosts. It's a simple explanation when you realize that.

I learned too why the security exception in Firefox while I attempted to
make request (via Firebug) didn't show like I would have expect.
That's a thing that really bothered me at the first place because I
would have expected an clear error from the browser.
I have read that this kind of exception are treated silently in the
browser so it's normal I've seen nothing while I was debugging.

Now everything is working well!

Thank you for your supportt! :)

Marc