[OpenLayers-Users] Hard to click on points for GetFeatureInfo

Dmitri Mizerkin eisberg at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 17:03:12 EDT 2007

Hi Marc,

if you are using UMN MapServer, you always have an opportunity to change the
parameters of a class in a mapfile via URL. The URL should look like this:
http://yourhostname/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=yourmapfilepath&REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo&...&layer_youlayername_class_yourclassname_tolerance=5
whereby "yourlayername" and "yourclassname" stay for the layer name and the
class representing the layer as defined in the mapfile.

If you are using another GIS server as for instance GeoServer, that doesn't
support mapfiles and custom classes, you should look for a workaround. I
would suggest to use the GetFeature request (WFS service) instead of
GetFeatureInfo (WMS), because in this case you don't have to explicitly
define the map position (parameters X and Y). Instead of this you only type
a BBOX (minimum and maximum values for latitude and longitude) in your URL,
which defines the area of interest, and the response you get from the server
will contain all the features in this box. The BBOX could easily be computed
via javascript.

If none of those suggestions is helpful, please describe your configuration
and your actions in detail so I could exactly understand what you are doing
and what you're trying to achieve.

Regards,
Dmitri