[OpenLayers-Users] New to open layers some questions

Ali Khan akhan at unfpa.org
Fri Jun 1 15:10:32 EDT 2007

Hey all, new to open layers. Right now i'm trying to develop something
similar to that CIA factbook where one can click on a country and get
the details. I've got the click stuff down and how to grab the
coordinates but what i dont understand is how to figure out the country
by the coordinates. I noticed witih the fact book it takes the
coordinates and i believe makes a box from them with max and min
long/lats and does something from there?

Can anyone help me shed some light on this? Is there a general file that
has the country data and coor that i can call on to get the country name
from?

Thanks
-Ali