[OpenLayers-Users] Bug with switch layers in Opera and Konqueror?

John Westwood John.Westwood at port.ac.uk
Wed Jun 6 12:13:49 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have a problem with switching between base layers in Opera and
Konqueror. The problem can be reproduced both on my application and on
the Mumbai freemap, mumbai.freemap.in . To reproduce the problem follow
these steps:

Let a base layer completely load in.
Switch to a second base layer and let that completely load in.
Switch back to the first base layer - it does not appear.

This will happen when switching to any base layer that has been
previously loaded, without zooming or panning between layer switches.
Any ideas on what the problem could be? May be something to do with
their AJAX implementation?

I have a slightly different problem with ie6 on Linux (but only with my
application); the tiles of the layer are not rendered as they are
calculated but only after all the tiles in that view have finished being
calculated. I think that this is a separate issue to the layer switching
problem.

Regards,

John W.

P.S. I like OpenLayers a lot, I hope that it will continue to develop.