[OpenLayers-Users] [Fwd: GeoJSON]

Chris Holmes cholmes at openplans.org
Wed Jun 6 16:39:35 EDT 2007

Note that GeoJSON through WFS is probably the route to go, just add it
as an output format to the WFS.  WFS is a protocol, and GeoJSON isn't an
alternative to WFS it's an alternative to GML, the default payload in a
WFS, but not the only one.

FeatureServer does have an alternate, REST based protocol for getting
and saving features, but it's not a standard spec (though I hope that
someday we could get a nice REST feature service standard, that would
obviously look a lot like featureserver)

Chris