[OpenLayers-Users] GIS Layer as baselayer?

Jeff Dege jdege at korterra.com
Wed Jun 6 18:12:45 EDT 2007

I'm trying to draw a very simple map from a GML file.  One layer, three
features.  About as simple as it gets.

And it's not working, because Layer.GML is derived from Layer.Vector,
and Vector cannot be a baselayer.

Now, I might have wanted to revisit that, and try to determine exactly
why it was decided that Vector should never be a base layer.  And to
make the necessary changes to make it work.  But I don't have time.

What I'm looking for, as a quick and dirty workaround, is to create a
blank layer as a baselayer, and to overlay the GML layer on top.  So I'm
asking, what's the easiest way to do this?

Would the new Layer.Image work?