[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Layers blocks excution?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Jun 6 21:31:00 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:16:57AM +0800, Jackey Cheung wrote:
> Yes, this should be a solution for the problem, but even this solution has
> its limit. Think about something like the Wikimapia, even we don't use XML,
> when there are lots of "WFS" objects to be shown, I wondering how lagy will
> it be.

It's largely irrelevant, since once you get past about DOM elements
in the map div, dragging performance becomes unusable, at least in
Firefox. So, if you can take the big chunk of the cost out -- the XML
parsing -- then you can get to 150 features, and after that, you're
out of luck regardless.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta