[OpenLayers-Users] Help with get feature info

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Sat Jun 9 22:48:46 EDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Ali Khan <akhan at unfpa.org> wrote:
> Thanks for the correction. on the markers.event..I'm still having
> trouble understanding how to get a feature. I tried learning from the
> CIA Factbook. From what i've read the vmap 0 has political boundires and
> some global data. I tried to make it work but when i click on an area i
> simply get the 'Loading ...' line. Below is a link to it. All i'm trying
> to do at this point is get the country name.
>
> http://www.fluxnyc.com/map/map.cfm

Do you have a proxy setup? Javascript can not load from a different
domain than the one from which it was loaded. getFullRequestString is
trying to load from metacarta.com, but the page came from fluxnyc.com.
Setting up a proxy on fluxnyc.com is a work around, or serve the
feature info layer from your own domain (usually a better practice).

rich

--
Richard Greenwood
richard.greenwood at gmail.com