[OpenLayers-Users] get current base map?

Christian López Espínola penyaskito at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 09:04:14 EDT 2007

Hi Tom,
Maybe you want to apply the patch attached at ticket #103
(http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/103)

Usage:
 var ol_wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS( "OpenLayers WMS",
 	"http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0?", {layers: 'basic'},
 	{attribution:'Layer provided by OpenLayers});

 map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Attribution());

The attribution field can display html.

Hope this helps.

On 6/11/07, Tom <tom at ukbassline.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Hopefully this is an easy one...
>
> I have added a license to my page which needs to change if the base map
> changes and I have an array with all the license numbers in.  I've
> registered a function to the event: changebaselayer:
> map.events.register("changebaselayer", map, function(e) {
>                  document.getElementById("licensebox").innerHTML =
> licenses[?];
>                 });
>
> but I need to be able to get the newly selected basemap name in order to
> lookup the correct license text in the array.  Is there a way to find this
> easily or will I have to subclass layer.WMS in order to use the setMap()
> function?
>
> regards,
>
> Tom

Christian López Espínola