[OpenLayers-Users] Linestring behavior in IE6

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Jun 19 10:30:27 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 03:58:55PM +0200, Benoit Myard wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I'm experiencing a strange behavior with OpenLayers' Vector layer
> based upon OpenLayers Feature. Dunno if I'm any understandable but
> anyway, here is what I do:
>
>  var points = [];
>  points.push(new OpenLayers.Geometry.Point(1, 2));
>  // ...
>  var target = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("My layer");
>  map.addLayer(target);
>  target.addFeatures([new OpenLayers.Feature.Vector(
>            new OpenLayers.Geometry.LineString(points))]);
>
> And I end up with a nice line in Firefox and IE7 but with a
> white-filled polygon in IE6 [1]. Strangely, the white-fill
> disappears once I zoom in [2] and does *not*
> reappear when I zoom out.

This is the current behavior. I don't know why.

Erik, can you file this one as a bug when you get a chance? We should
put it into 2.5 for explortation: when I looked into it, I found that
the same VML ended up behaving differently when the page first loaded
than from later, and I never figured out why.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta