[OpenLayers-Users] popup setBorder method?

Christian López Espínola penyaskito at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 11:29:45 EDT 2007

Hi Fadi,

If you remove the setBorder function in AnchoredBubble.js, the
Popup.js setBorder method is called and the border is correct.
The problem with that it's that if you use rounded corners it appears *ugly*.

It seems that you must choose between rounded corners or bordered popups.

To other OL Developers:
Maybe is needed to study if the Rico Corners supports border with
roundered corners. This should be filled in a ticket

Hope this helps.

On 6/28/07, fadi maali <fadimaali at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found this comment in the file:
> lib/openlayers/AnchoredBubble.js
>  /* Bubble Popups can not have a border*/
> I do not exactly know what it means, but I would like to tell you about it
>
> should I fill a ticket?
>

> On 6/28/07, Christian López Espínola <penyaskito at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have tested with Popups.html in the examples folder and seems to be
> > a bug. Please fill a ticket. TIA
> >
> > http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FilingTickets
> >
> > On 6/28/07, fadi maali <fadimaali at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I have a problem with popup,s border. simply, the setBorder method makes
> no
> > > effect!
> > >
> > > here is a snippet of the code:
> > >                 var feature = new OpenLayers.Feature("top 10",new
> > > OpenLayers.LonLat (35,38));
> > >                 popup = feature.createPopup(true);
> > >                 popup.setBorder("2px solid black"); // I also tried
> > > popup.setBorder(3);
> > >
> > > Many thanks,

> > --
> > Regards,