[OpenLayers-Users] VE as a base layer in Openlayers

bradleyspencer brad at cubewerx.com.au
Sat Nov 24 21:47:05 EST 2007

List,

I have been experimenting with VE as an optional base layer and have
identified some real showstoppers that others may have a fix for.

If you want to allow a user to interactively modify a layer’s opacity atop
of the VE base layer, this does not work in FierFox but does in IE7. I am
using png.

I have two demos where the only difference is that I link to VE as an
optional base map in 1.
1.	http://demo.cubewerx.com.au/numaps/VE_test.html run this link in IE and
the slider bar changes the Landuse overlay quite OK against GoogleMaps and
VE as base maps. Run again in FF and it does not work
2.	http://demo.cubewerx.com.au/numaps/GM_test.html this is my control in
that this does not link to VE but uses GoogleMaps only as the base map. This
works fine in IE and FF.

It would appear that simply linking to VE causes some problem with adjusting
opacity within FF.

Anyone found this problem and solved it?

Is this a bug that needs fixing or is VE not a serious option as a base map?

Cheers,

Brad Spencer