[OpenLayers-Users] spherical-mercator

Linda Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 16:13:56 EDT 2007

In this case my WMS layer is the following:

            var wms = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
                "Canada Map",
                "http://wms.cits.rncan.gc.ca/cgi-bin/cubeserv.cgi?",
                {'layers': layerOptions, 'format':'png'},
                {
                    'reproject': false, 'opacity': 0.4,
                    'isBaseLayer': false,'wrapDateLine': true
                }
            );

I was just trying to use your example.  In order for me to display the
layers in a certain projection from this service I have to tell it.  It
wants EPSG:26919.  It does not understand EPSG:900913 and fails on the
request.

Basically here is my goal....I need to use a spherical-mercator projection
to get the UTM coordinates to pass to this WMS layer.  The map can be in
whatever it wants I just need the SRS parameter changed for the WMS layer.

Linda Rawson