[OpenLayers-Users] Problems with own projection file with panning action

Markus Innerebner markus.innerebner at inf.unibz.it
Mon Oct 8 14:13:13 EDT 2007

Hi to all,

I am using openlayers within mapbuilder and I have following problem:

in my application I am using a projection format, that was not present
in mapbuilder (EPSG:258320). Therefore I imported it. I am using this
format as well for the static layers as well for the dynamic features.
But now I have following problem: in case of a Panning action the open layers
marker objects (the dynamic features that are moving) do not
update their position, instead in case of Zooming they are updating their
position. Any idea what that could be?

I specified as well for the feature as well for the layers the right srs.

The url is: http://www.inf.unibz.it/dis/bz10m/

The relevant files are:
tools/MovingObjectSimulator.js here the play function starts the
simulation
widget/DynamicFeatureRendererOL.js renders the moving points in the
function updateDynamicFeature;

to test the application do following:
1) open the page
2) click on the button submit, wait for some seconds
3) press the play button and after some seconds the moving points appear

this is the method, that is doing the update:

	this.updateDynamicFeature = function(objRef, instant) {
		var marker = objRef.allMarkers.get(instant[0]); // this is the openlayer marker object
		if(marker) {
			var point = instant[2];
			var lonLat = new OpenLayers.LonLat(point[0],point[1]);
			marker.moveTo(objRef.targetModel.map.getPixelFromLonLat(lonLat));
  this.model.addListener("updateDynamicFeature", this.updateDynamicFeature, this);

It seems that openlayers have some problems on a panning action with
that markers.

Any idea?

--
Markus Innerebner

DIS Research Group - Faculty of Computer Science
Free University Bozen-Bolzano

Dominikanerplatz 3 - Room 213
I - 39100 Bozen
Phone:  +39-0471-016223
Mobile: +39-333-9392929

gpg --fingerprint
pub   1024D/588F6308 2007-01-09
      Key fingerprint = 6948 947E CBD2 89FD E773  E863 914F EB1B 588F 6308
sub   2048g/BF4877D0 2007-01-09