[OpenLayers-Users] Changing overview layer

Jan Ciriack janc44 at GMX.DE
Tue Oct 9 16:46:19 EDT 2007

Hi everybody,

I am new to OpenLayers and first of I would like say I am really happy that
I found this piece of software. So far I am quite impressed by its
capabilities and glad that you guys share it.

As for my beginners problem:
I would like to have the overview map showing the same baselayer than the
main map.
So I started with catching the event like this:

map.events.register("changebaselayer", map, updateOverviewLayer);

and added the following handler:

  function updateOverviewLayer(){
    var overview = this.controls[3];
	overview.layers[0] = this.baseLayer.clone();
	overview.update();
  }

The layers object of the overview gets replaced correctly but it somehow
doesn't take the change.
I also tried draw(), baseLayerDraw() and updateOverview() instead of
update(), no effect.

Any help appreciated,
Jan