[OpenLayers-Users] Text layer and mouseover

Julien-Samuel Lacroix jlacroix at mapgears.com
Mon Oct 15 16:00:44 EDT 2007

Hi,

Does anybody ever displayed the popups of markers on the mouseover
function instead of the click in a text layer? Is there any
contraindication to do that?

That's what we call a MapTips.

<long_description>
I have a text layer displaying cities. Currently when I click on a
marker, I get a popup that tells me the city name and give me a link to
go to another page containing the city description. That works great!

What I would like is to open the popup containing the city name as soon
as the mouse go over the city marker and go to the URL when you click on
the city marker.
</long_description>

Is it something you would like to see to be contributed?

Julien
--
Julien-Samuel Lacroix
Mapgears