[OpenLayers-Users] filtering WFS layers

vgvallee vgvallee at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 12:13:48 EDT 2007

Ryan Hofschneider-2 wrote:

> available, you might get an error from your WFS server because
> WFS.moveTo() will add a BBOX parameter to the request URL which is
> supposed to be mutually exclusive with the FILTER parameter. At least
> this is my experience when using OpenLayers with GeoServer 1.5.3.

I am getting this error as well from MapServer 5.0 but not from the previous
version 4.10.

The following code in function moveTo() of Layer\WFS.js tacks on the
shorthand '&BBOX=...' to the url.

            var params = {BBOX: this.encodeBBOX ? tileBounds.toBBOX()
                                                : tileBounds.toArray()};

            url += "&" + OpenLayers.Util.getParameterString(params);

Would the it work if the long form was output if another filter was used?