[OpenLayers-Users] This is How I made Layer.Vector redraw under Firefox in Linux.

BenJamin2007 ukliming at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 18 15:27:39 EDT 2007

vectorLayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("vector layer");
markermanager = new OpenLayers.Layer.Markers("Beam Formers");
map.addLayer(markermanager);
map.addLayer(vectorLayer);

The vectorLayer won't redraw when do this:

vectorLayer.drawFeature(obj.getPolygon());

This function works well under Firefox in Windows, but failed in Firefox in
Linux. I failed to hack into the openlayers source code, then I just add
LinuxRedraw() at the end of the above line, that's is:

vectorLayer.drawFeature(obj.getPolygon());
LinuxRedraw();

Then it works. I know, it's lame. But I had no choice. I am sure somebody
out there have a better way of redrawing the vector layer.

BTW, I did tryed the

vectorLayer.redraw().

but in vain.

function LinuxRedraw(flag)