[OpenLayers-Users] filtering WFS layers

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Oct 19 07:37:07 EDT 2007

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 11:26:48AM +0200, Lourens Veen wrote:
> The legal stuff (I know, it's almost longer than the patch itself and the
> patch may not even be copyrightable, but I always prefer to keep legal issues
> overly clear. You never know when someone will start making wild claims about
> the origins of your code.): This code was written by me as an employee of the
> University of Amsterdam, and I'm releasing this under the ClearBSD licence,
> which is now OpenLayers' licence if I understand correctly. Before it can be
> included in the general release I'll need to know from the OL developers if
> they would like to have it, and if so I'll need to get a contributor
> agreement sorted.

To be honest, I don't understand the issues well enough to be 100% sure
yet, but I think the answer to this is "yes". If you could file a ticket
in trac, and fill out a CCLA + send to psc at openlayers.org, then we can
get the patch reviewed and into trunk.

Sending a signed copy -- either electronically or by fax/paper mail --
lets us keep it for our records as well (in case questions ever come
up), but we can move forward without that.

The CCLA is at:

http://openlayers.org/ccla.txt

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta