[OpenLayers-Users] filtering WFS layers

Lourens Veen veen at science.uva.nl
Fri Oct 19 05:26:48 EDT 2007

On Friday 19 October 2007 09:47:49 Lourens Veen wrote:
> On Thursday 18 October 2007 21:00:26 vgvallee wrote:
> > Lourens Veen-2 wrote:
> > > ...I've changed the WFS class to accept a "filter" option to which you
> > > can add an OGC Filter XML filter specification fragment. If you don't,
> > > then the code will send the BBOX constraint as before, if you do then
> > > it will combine the fragment with an XML description of the bounding
> > > box and send it as a FILTER parameter to the WFS server.
> >
> > That is exactly what I need. I think it should be integrated in the main
> > code.
>
> I have the patch ready to go, I just need to find the right location in the
> central bureaucracy to OK the release. Hopefully today still, otherwise
> it'll be on Monday.

It appears that I am allowed to give myself permission to release things, so
here we go. Attached is a unified diff, which you can apply with the patch
programme. Alternatively, it's human-readable so you can apply the changes
using your favourite text editor as well.

The legal stuff (I know, it's almost longer than the patch itself and the
patch may not even be copyrightable, but I always prefer to keep legal issues
overly clear. You never know when someone will start making wild claims about
the origins of your code.): This code was written by me as an employee of the
University of Amsterdam, and I'm releasing this under the ClearBSD licence,
which is now OpenLayers' licence if I understand correctly. Before it can be
included in the general release I'll need to know from the OL developers if
they would like to have it, and if so I'll need to get a contributor
agreement sorted.

The attached wfs_layer_filtersupport.diff is Copyright © 2007 University of
Amsterdam

All rights reserved.

modification, are permitted (subject to the limitations in the
disclaimer below) provided that the following conditions are met:

 * Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
   notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.

 * Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
   documentation and/or other materials provided with the
   distribution.

 * Neither the name of the University of Amsterdam nor the names of its
   contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
   from this software without specific prior written permission.

NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED LICENSES TO ANY PARTY'S PATENT RIGHTS ARE
GRANTED BY THIS LICENSE.  THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED
WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE
DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE
LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR
BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY,
WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE
OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN
IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

--
           ir. Lourens Veen           University of Amsterdam - IBED
                                      Nieuwe Achtergracht 166