[OpenLayers-Users] Permalink won't work with sp merc

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Oct 20 13:46:18 EDT 2007

On Sat, Oct 20, 2007 at 10:32:36AM -0700, mcarsel wrote:
> It looks like Permalink won't work when the map is not in lat/lon. I'm using
> spherical mercator.  There are lat and lon parameters in the url.

It does -- I've just tested.

Setting up the permalink requires ensuring that you don't call setCenter
every time the page loads -- if you have a setCenter or zoomToMaxExtent
in your init() without checking if (!map.getCenter()), then you won't
see the permalink work.

> Another issue is the mouseposition control.  I would like to see an option
> for lat/lon display for the mouse position even though the map may be in
> another projection.

http://trac.openlayers.org/ticket/1036

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta