[OpenLayers-Users] Prioritizing layer requests

Ben Brehmer bbrehmer at refractions.net
Mon Oct 22 16:47:11 EDT 2007

Hello,

I was hoping to get a little insight into how layer requests are qeued
up and sent out in OpenLayers.

I have 2 layers, one of which takes a really long time (due to server
side computation) which is an Image layer. My other layer is just a
plain vanilla KaMap layer.

I want to reduce the response time for the image layer by forcing it to
send out its request first.  Is there any way to prioritize the order in
which layer requests are sent out since . Maybe by setting some layer
parameter or through some side effect such as the order in which layers
are added to the map?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks,

Ben