[OpenLayers-Users] Internet Explorer whinge with OpenLayers code

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Wed Oct 24 03:53:45 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

For a while my Freemap site (free-map.org.uk) has been working fine in
Firefox and Opera, but not working in Internet Explorer (isn't that always
the way.....) Because the places where I have access to Windows do not
allow me to ssh to the Freemap server, it's very difficult for me to get
it debugged on IE. The IE debugger complains with this line (OpenLayers
2.2).... with an "Object does not support this property or method" whinge
- something which normally occurs when you use unsupported W3C
attributes/methods such as event.target. Any ideas what might be wrong?

        map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',
                        { maxExtent: new
OpenLayers.Bounds(-700000,6000000,200000,8100000),
                                resolutions: [10],
                                tileSize: new OpenLayers.Size(500,500),
                                          units: 'meters' }
                                                );