[OpenLayers-Users] Handler problems

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 4 07:10:18 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 04, 2007 at 09:39:08AM +0100, Tom (JDi Solutions) wrote:
> Looks like this is a bug in OpenLayers.
>
> It works fine in IE6 & IE7.  Only FF shows this bug.
>
> 2 example pages show this working and not working:
>
> Here is a slight adaptation of the examples/custom-control.html file.  The
> only difference from the original being that instead of alerting the results
> it displays them in a div immediately below the map div.  It works
> perfectly.  :)
> http://demo.jdi-consult.net/oltest/custom-control-box.html
>
> In this example there is one further change from the example above.  The
> handler has been changed from Box to Point.  Now if you shift click the map
> the co-ords are displayed below the map as before, if you then shift click
> outside the map div the co-ords are recalculated and displayed.  This should
> not happen!  Further clicks outside the map do not trigger the handler.
> http://demo.jdi-consult.net/oltest/custom-control-point.html
>
> Can someone please confirm this, is there a quick fix?  Shall I add it to
> JIRA?

Trac :) Yes please. http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FilingTickets . Dump
it in the 2.5 milestone , though I'm not sure it will get fixed there:
I'm hoping Tim will get a chance to look at it and offer feedback (which
may just be "Firefox is stupid and returning events when it shouldn't",
which is my personal guess....)

Thanks for the report.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta