[OpenLayers-Users] Seamlessly switching WMS layers

Linda Rawson linda.rawson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 18:28:02 EDT 2007

Hi List Experts,

I have a business case and I wondered if someone could direct me to the best
way to handle the case.

I have a WMS service that provides a nice global map of the US and Canada.

When the user enters the boundaries of Canada (-140.38, 82.92, -42.44, 40.44)
or there abouts I need to seamlessly switch to ANOTHER wms service that
provides Canadian data.  What is the best way to seamlessly switch what the
user sees.  Is it to set the boundaries of the layer?  Is it to set the min
and max zoom level?

Thanks in advance,
Linda Rawson
http://www.sensorytech.net