[OpenLayers-Users] Google Popup feature layers

John Cole john.cole at uai.com
Thu Sep 6 07:41:55 EDT 2007

Rob,

  That too is easy, if you have a spatial database as your backend (PostGIS,
MsSqlSpatial, Oracle, DB2).  We are doing something very similar on our HUD
site.  Many of the result sets have a ‘view in map’ link that uses the
extents from the objects geometry to make a JavaScript call to re-center the
map.  If you follow that example, you should easily be able to duplicate the
google maps search results.

John

   _____