[OpenLayers-Users] Problem in Internet Explorer

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 11 13:06:45 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 11, 2007 at 05:56:51PM +0100, Tyler Durden wrote:
> I've got a javascript error on Internet Explorer on line 50 in the
> file OpenLayers/Renderer/VML.js:
>
> /**
>      * @returns Whether or not the browser supports the VML renderer
>      * @type Boolean
>      */
>     supported: function() {
>         var supported = document.namespaces;
>         return supported;
>     },
>
> I'm using the trunk version.
> Any ideas?

My first guess is that you're attempting to start using the OpenLayers
code before the document is fully loaded. Although most of OpenLayers
will work that way, we advise against it, and it won't work with VML in
OpenLayers.

Is this possible? If you don't think so, could you provide HTML which is
causing the problem?

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta