[OpenLayers-Users] Congrats and query? Using spherical Mercator -- can I get at the WGS84 geographic values?

Lance Dyas lancelot at inetnebr.com
Sat Sep 15 19:59:11 EDT 2007

Most of the geocoding services and search facilities on the web are in
bad old EPSG:4326
I am using Spherical Mercator version of Google Maps layer (in part
because it is just more
correct ) but would like to get at the coords in geographic projection...

PS : I would like to congratulate the developers responsible for the
many improvements
 in the latest version of OpenLayers.. I have been unable to devote much
time to it
myself but recently I realized the version I was employing in TNTmap was
innadequate
for a recent request from my boss towards that end I have been updating
to the latest
version and I am impressed.the various vector format support is great
the vector tools
made creating a new measuring tool very easy though I did have to tweak
the Vincenti
Algorithm to take the points I was throwing its way.

Lance Dyas
http://www.dyasdesigns.com/TNTmap/