[OpenLayers-Users] Fixing Google Layers, OL SVN + OL <= 2.4

samd sdoyle_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 16:46:24 EDT 2007

Yes Chris,

I added the change you mentioned to the start of my onload routine before
the map/layers are created but the JavaScripts are loaded.

S.D.

You can see on our demo box:
http://64.237.5.34/ilda/

This version doesn't include the fix but I have applied the fix you have
mentioned on my development box and the exact same error still occurs.

My onLoad function starts like this:

function initILDA()
{
   // Google Layer Patch
   GMap2.prototype.fromLatLngToContainerPixel = function(gLatLng) {

      // first we translate into "DivPixel"
      var gPoint = this.fromLatLngToDivPixel(gLatLng);

      // locate the sliding "Div" div
      var div = this.getContainer().firstChild.firstChild;

      // adjust by the offset of "Div" and voila!
      gPoint.x += div.offsetLeft;
      gPoint.y += div.offsetTop;

      return gPoint;
   };