[OpenLayers-Users] Customize Panning Resolutions

Erik Uzureau erik.uzureau at metacarta.com
Tue Sep 18 21:38:14 EDT 2007

embarrassingly, that is *not* customizable in OL right now.

It *should* be, via the property 'slideFactor' on the PanZoom control.

However, if we look closely at the buttonDown() function, we'll
see that the 50's are hardcoded in there.

If you *really* need to change this, it can be done. you'd have to add
a patch like this:

OpenLayers.Control.PanZoom.prototype.buttonDown = function(evt) {
        if (!OpenLayers.Event.isLeftClick(evt)) return;

        switch (this.action) {
            case "panup":
                this.map.pan(0, -50);
                break;
            case "pandown":
                this.map.pan(0, 50);
                break;
            case "panleft":
                this.map.pan(-50, 0);
                break;
            case "panright":
                this.map.pan(50, 0);
                break;
            case "zoomin":
                this.map.zoomIn();
                break;
            case "zoomout":
                this.map.zoomOut();
                break;
            case "zoomworld":
                this.map.zoomToMaxExtent();
                break;
        };

        OpenLayers.Event.stop(evt);
    };

you'd have to call that *before* instantiating the your map (or at
least your panzoom control) and *after* loading the OpenLayers.js
library of course, you'd replace the 50's with whatever else you want.

I'm making a ticket to have this fixed in 2.6.

Thanks for the report!
Erik