[OpenLayers-Users] Layer Loading???

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Sep 20 09:54:13 EDT 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 06:50:05AM -0700, Prasad Choudhary wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> The way, how Openlayers requesting tiles, It seems to request all base map
> tiles and then other overlays, cant they evenly? I might be wrong too,
> please make me correct in case.

It requests them in order, but it requests them all within less than a
second. The order the browser loads them in is chosen by the browser --
but it will not (typically) load more than 2-4 things simulataneously.
The workaround for this is to use multiple DNS hostnames to identify
your tile URLs -- one for base layers, one for overlays, for example.
Then they will be loaded in parallel.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta