[OpenLayers-Users] Layer: Name and Title

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at osgis.nl
Fri Sep 21 09:37:51 EDT 2007

I think I understand your confusion although this adds to my confusion :-).

It comes from the OGC world where a Layer has a Name and Title, where a name
is more cryptic and a title is more descriptive.

But if I get it right the OpenLayers name is actually the OGC title ... and
layers are never identified by its name but only by its object
representation.

So there shouldn't be any problem in fact, except that the current
LayerSwitcher does not deal correctly I think with layers that have the same
name, since the ids of the input elements will be the same in that case, or
am I mistaken?

Best regards,
Bart

--