[OpenLayers-Users] Google Style popup

Daniel de la Cuesta cues7a at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 27 14:34:15 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am newbie using Open Layers and I saw this sandboxed code in the archives:

http://openlayers.org/pipermail/users/2007-August/002580.html

It was what I was looking for!.

I have checked it out and I am trying to show a the google style popup when
a marker is clicked:

marker1.events.register("mousedown", marker1, function(evt) {

    text = "hello"
    popup = new OpenLayers.Popup("olPopup",
                     new OpenLayers.LonLat(-4.549683, 36.737052),
                     new OpenLayers.Size(200,200),
                     texte,
                     true);

    markers.map.addPopup(popup);
 });
  markers.addMarker(marker1);

The google popup works fine except:

1.	The position of the popup is not above the marker.
2.	When the popup it is outside the map it doesn´t pan.

I have tried the example from
http://svn.openlayers.org/sandbox/CloudAmber/Trunk/. In this example the
popup it is shown using the method "OpenLayers.Layer.Text" and getting the
information from text file. It works perfectly.

Am I doing something wrong or the Google popup doesn´t work fine if I create
it in the way explained above.

Thank you very much.