[OpenLayers-Users] SpericalMercator

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Wed Apr 2 00:19:39 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 02:59:16PM +1100, bradleyspencer wrote:
> Chris,
>
> Thanks for that. I upgraded to 2.6. and it is stable at least for what I am
> doing and the transformation worked a treat.
>
> When is 2.6 scheduled to be published?

As I'm sure you saw earlier today, 2.6 only reached RC1 this morning.

In general, our time from RC1 to release has ranged from 1 week to 6
weeks.

My hope is that this will be a short RC cycle. However, it is a
significantly larger release than any OpenLayers release in the past:
Although there is less change in core functionality, we may still have
unforseen problems / regressions in code that we want to fix in 2.6 that
slow the final release process.

I won't give a date: I would be wrong. I will say "As soon as it makes
sense" -- which means the more feedback we get from our users on things
that work, the better and sooner we can release. So thank you for your
feedback.

As always, the users list will be notified when the new release is
available.

Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta